Tuesday 11 December 2012

Animating Inspector Bluefin

I have now started to produce and animated sequence of my fish character. I am producing it as a cartoon introduction.

The images above are the original storyboard drawings.



The three videos below are early coloured footage's I have recently animated for the beginning of the intro, using the "Toon Boom" software. 
 
 
 
 
The first video shows a school of 4 fishes swimming past the screen. The other two videos also show the fishes swimming past the screen, but with bubbles added to the footage (more bubbles in each video).
 
In this video below, I have produced a fully coloured animated sequence of  "Inspector Bluefin" swimming towards the camera and holding up his magnifying glass to the audience. There are also meant to be some Bubbles in the scene as it happenes just as the bubbles in the videos above are clearing. But the bubbles will be added in the final editing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well today I had my first term`s assessment and I can tell you all it was very successful, although I won`t be given the full grade until sometime in February. I`ll let you all know when I get it.

 Anyway here`s the finished product of my "Inspector Bluefin" animation, which is produced as a cartoon intro to what could possibly become a real cartoon series in the future.

Inspector Bluefin is a heroic police fish who solves crimes, and keeps everything in order in the ocean. In this intro, as he is looking for trouble he witnesses a gang of Criminal fishes, who have robbed a local under sea bank. Bluefin then chases after them to bring them to justice. The criminals attempt to slow Bluefin down by throwing back objects like sea shells and rocks, but despite their best efforts Bluefin corners and captures them inside a trench. As the criminals are imprisoned for their crimes Bluefin is cheered and congratulated by the villagers for salvaging the stolen money.

I know the animation is bit jumpy in places but some things went wrong with the final editing. It could have been better if I`d have had more time to work on it, but I just had to get it done on time for my assessment. I`m very happy with how some of the scenes have turned out, while I`m not so happy with others. There were also meant to be bubbles coming out of Bluefin`s whistle, but I ran out of time before I could add them in. But so far I`m happy with how it`s turned out, I`ve spent many weeks working on it and I hope you`ll all enjoy it.  It has also become my longest and yet best piece of hand-drawn animation.

I was going to add a soundtrack, but I ran out of time. But in future when I get some time I may add some soundtrack.




Well everyone, I received a "B" grade for my "Inspector Bluefin" intro this week. I can tell you all that I feel very pleased with the grade because I didn`t expect that I was going to do so well.

 Anyway I just thought I`d post up this version (Above) of my “Inspector Bluefin” intro with soundtrack added to it. I still haven`t got a properly made soundtrack for the intro, this was just an old random track which I edited to the intro so that it could be shown at the university`s animation exhibition.

At the moment I feel that this track makes the video look more like a whole short silent cartoon than a cartoon intro and I`m not all that happy with it. But hopefully one day I will get a newly made soundtrack for the intro.

 NOTE: I don`t own the tracks. The comic chase music belongs to Paul Williams and I got the whistle and bubble sounds from the “Freesound” website. I also apologise if the whistle and bubble sounds are a bit faint, something went wrong during the editing. Anyway I just hope you`ll all enjoy it.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment