Friday 20 April 2012

My Review on the Bradford trip

On November the 9th, 10th and 11th of 2011 I went on a trip with my University course group, to the Bradford National Media Museum, Animation Festival. During the three days that I attended  the annual festival I was able to  view a large number of screenings, that featured a variety of different types of animation shorts, some of which I enjoyed, and others which I did not enjoy as much. I enjoyed many  of the animations but sometimes the animations got rather violent and gruesome, like when Characters bleed, get crushed or have their eyeballs popping out, I don`t necessarily like seeing those particular type of actions in animations as they can sometimes give me bad impressions. They were also some animations which had some storylines which I found quite difficult to follow. My favourite screening was watching the Japanese film of “Arrietty”, a story based on the books about “The Borrowers”. I enjoyed all the animation in it and found the story line exciting and heartbreaking.

We were also given the opportunity to listen to some presentations from some well known animators from different animation companies, e.g. Andy Schmidt from Pixar, Ray Harryhausen and Richard McGuire, who were talking and discussing their own animation styles, methods and ideas.   

Overall I feel that I really enjoyed the Bradford trip and by watching all those animations and having those discussions with the animators, I feel that I have gained some ideas for animations of my own, and I am hoping to become and animator myself when I leave University.

No comments:

Post a Comment